- Highway 38 Sale
- May 18, 2012 - May 19, 2012 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Downtown - Pendleton
- Community Events
Friday & Saturday 8:00 AM - 6PM
From Noblesville to New Castle & Beyond
Miles & miles of shopping, antiques, & yard sales. Sales start in Pendleton, Indiana, vendors extend west to Noblesville and east to New Castle on St. Rd. 38. Businesses and individuals along State Road 38 as well as shoppers from Indiana and surrounding states are eagerly anticipating this year’s sale.
TIPS FOR SHOPPERS
Tackling gigantic yard sales can be an endurance event. Start early and take your time.
For successful shopping, here are a few tips:
- Dress in layers for changing temperatures. Wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring sunscreen, sunglasses and an umbrella or raincoat, just in case. Be casual—you might get dirty carrying items. Bring a foldable tote for small purchases. . Wear a vest with pockets, or a fanny pack to hold money, keys and snacks, and to keep your hands free for examining merchandise.
- Inquire early about lodging, preferably as you plan your trip, if you're not heading home that night.
- Charge up your cell phone. You'll want the phone in case of car trouble or to consult with others not on the trip about a potential find.
- Don't expect to cover a lot of territory. Most folks drive slowly -- 30 mph or less -- and they're doing lots of rubbernecking. Be watchful of other drivers stopping suddenly or pulling out of driveways
- Stop at clusters where sellers have gathered instead of every individual sale spot to save time. But, sometimes the least-traveled spots may have just what you are looking for.
- Take cash, especially small bills and change. Few sellers will take personal checks.
- Stash old blankets, newspapers, a few boxes and bags in the back of your car to cushion your finds in case sellers don't have a lot of packing material.
- Bring a measuring tape and measurements for spots at home if you're looking for furniture or quilts. A magnet will determine precious metals (it won’t stick to them) and a small magnifying glass lets you see markings on china and silver.
Pendleton, Indiana, is conveniently located at exit 19, just off I-69.
While in Pendleton you may park free on the downtown streets. Click here to view the list of parking lots.